Contributors

Saturday, August 9, 2014

2 weeks till London

So in two weeks we will be leaving to go to London. It's really exciting but all the stress of last minute planning is setting in.  As far as my music gear goes I have a small parlor guitar and a roadrunner gig bag and I have manages to fit everything I believe I will need into that case. The guitar is an Art & Luthierie AMI parlor guitar. I looked at several 3/4 size, parlor and travel guitars while looking for my new traveling companion. Some of my favorite options included the Taylor GS mini, the voyage air folding OM body style, the traveler speedster electric guitar and the little Martin lx1e. I didn't really care for the complicated folding guitars and the voyage air just didn't feel like it suited me well. The Taylor played the best and sounded the best but it was larger than the other small guitars I looked at and it seemed more fragile than the Martin. During my search I came across the AMI on Craigslist, it played great and sounded great and it's a parlor size so it will be easy to travel with. I upgraded it with an under saddle pickup and Gotoh tuners. At first it was working out great but recently I have had some intonation and setup problems which I'll go into detail about later. I'm also bringing my Tascam DR-40 recorder, Snark tuner, an amplitude IRig, Paige Capo and then all the other usual accessories like assorted picks, maintenance tools and a brass slide. I feel like I have a pretty good setup but I plan to test it all at an open mic before we leave (if I get the time between all the other planning and getting ready). I will also post updates about how well this set up travels, there are a lot of issues to consider including airline guitar policies.

Until next time,

-Peghead
Email Me 
Talk more about guitar stuff on twitter: Peghead3x3



No comments:

Post a Comment